Servlet interview questions
- Exception handling in Servlet and JSP specifications
- Details about load on startup (load-on-startup tag) in Servlet ? view answer
- What's the difference between init() & init(ServletConfig) and Which is better ? view answer
- Servlet Life Cycle ? view answer
- Q. Can we override init() or init(ServletConfig) method of HttpServlet ? Which is better ? view answer
- Q. Can we override service method in HttpServlet ?
- Q.What is the difference between init() and init(ServletConfig) ? view answer
- Q.How to upload an File/image from servlet/jsp into server from clients machine? view answer
- What's the difference between init() & init(ServletConfig) in genericServlet ? view answer
- Q.What is the difference between ServletContext and PageContext?
- Q.What is the difference in using request.getRequestDispatcher() and context.getRequestDispatcher()?
- Q.Difference forward() and response.sendRedirect() . view answer
- Q.Can we use the constructor, instead of init(), to initialize servlet?
- Q.Explain the life cycle of Servlet? view answer
- Q.Why don't we write a constructor in a servlet? view answer
- Q.When we don't write any constructor for the servlet, how does container create an instance of servlet? view answer
- Q.Why is it that we can't give relative URL's when using ServletContext.getRequestDispatcher() when we can use the same while calling ServletRequest.getRequestDispatcher()? view answer
- Q.Once the destroy() method is called by the container, will the servlet be immediately destroyed? What happens to the tasks(threads) that the servlet might be executing at that time? view answer
- Q.Request parameter How to find whether a parameter exists in the request object?
- What is new in ServletRequest interface ? view answer
- Q.Given the request path below, which are context path, servlet path and path info?
/bookstore/education/index.html view answer
- Q.When a client request is sent to the servlet container, how does the container choose which servlet to invoke? view answer
- Q.What is servlet container?
- Why IllegalStateException in jsp/servet? view answer
- Q.How do I upload a file in a servlet app? view answer
- Q.What's the difference between response.sendRedirect() and requestDispatcher.forward() ? view answer
- Q.How do I implement security for my web application ? view answer
- Q.How can I use servlets with protocols other than HTTP, e.g. FTP? view answer
- Q.What happens if i call destroy() from init()?
- Q.Why can't a container call constructor having parameters? view answer
- Q.Why do servlets have an init method? Can't we make use of the servlet constructor for initialization? view answer
- Q.Explain the life cycle methods of a Servlet.
- Q.Explain the directory structure of a web application view answer
- Q.What are the common mechanisms used for session tracking?
- What is load-on-startup in servlet ? view answer
- Q. What is the difference between the getRequestDispatcher(String) and getNamedDispatcher(String) methods in the ServletContext Class? view answer
- Q: What is the difference between Difference between doGet() and doPost()?
- Q. What is the difference between ServletContext and ServletConfig?
- Q: What is the difference between HttpServlet and GenericServlet?
- Q.What is the difference between the getRequestDispatcher(String path) method of ServletRequest interface and ServletContext interface?
!!! Servlet interview questions !!!
Servlet Life Cycle ?
The life cycle of a servlet is controlled by the container in which the servlet has been deployed. When a request is mapped to a servlet, the container performs the following steps.
If an instance of the servlet does not exist, the Web container
1) Loads the servlet class.
2) Creates an instance of the servlet class.
Initializes the servlet instance by calling the init method. Initialization is covered in Initializing a Servlet.
3) Invokes the service method, passing a request and response object. Service methods are discussed in the section Writing Service Methods.
4)If the container needs to remove the servlet, it finalizes the servlet by calling the servlet's destroy method.
Details are here http://techforum360.com/forum/viewthread?thread=35
Suggested Jobs More Jobs >>